Monday, August 30, 2010

A rant...












The other day I was reading an article about women wearing leggings and tights…yes tights as pants. I have to say that I personally am a huge fan of leggings as pants so long as the entire buttocks is covered by a shirt, dress, shorts or skirt. On a few rare occasions I have even seen some people pull leggings off as pants with the shirt above the hips. This is normally successful when the leggings are thick and opaque if you can see through them anywhere this is not ok. I am even a fan of the shiny black/leather looking leggings worn as pants. All other shiny leggings look too costumie. I have not seen someone pull it off successfully on the street. However, I have found some runway looks that make me want to run out and grab a pair. So I understand why they were even made but not everyone is a designer/stylist and know how to pull them off. So leggings as pants are ok in my book if done tastefully. Plus, there is nothing more comfortable then leggings except maybe walking around in your underwear. And NO it is not ok to walk around in those little bloomer thinges while it may look cute on a video it is not cute in real life and yes people do talk about you behind your back. You know you’ve done it when you saw someone that looked like they were in their underwear what makes you think you can do it? That look is only ok on dancers in a studio/video and track and field runners in a race. Don’t try and run down the street in your underwear someone may call the cops!?!?! But back to leggings they are so much more comfortable than jeans. And jeggings??? are a different post a different day.

Tights as pants. Do I really need to say more? NO!!! You will never find a pair of tights opaque enough to cover you properly. Tights are undergarments meant to be worn under your clothing and not just a shirt but pants or some sort of bottoms too. I don’t even see how that is comfortable or warm. And with fall approaching and leggings still on the scene please refrain from wearing your tights as pants. Tights as pants....It doesn’t even sound right.

No comments:

Post a Comment