Thursday, February 11, 2010

Love Stories

Just like we all have a birth story, if you're married or in love, you definitely have a love story. It's the emotional recanting of the way you met, how you fell in love and lived happily ever after. It's the remembrance of the things that make you both smile, your first experiences together and those tender smiles shared between the two of you that only you both understand.

When I think of my love story, so many precious memories come flooding back. I can't help but to smile. Not because my story is all that special (although it is), but because it's mine. It belongs to just the two of us. But when I go to share that story with the world, words just don't seem like enough. Why? Well, my first inclination is to move.

By trade, I am a dancer. It's what I went to college for, it's what I'm passionate about, the one thing -- next to writing -- that makes my heartspace glow. It's second nature to me to accentuate that ways in which the body moves and mold it to tell a story. Any kind of story. A sad story, a happy one. Even a story of love. One of my favorite artistic representations of a love story is done by the Alvin Ailey Dance Company. They perform a modern dance piece titled 'Love Stories' that is so moving, it will create a whole new appreciation of what it means to show love. It's everything love ought to be -- funky, upbeat, tender and emotional. It's a perfect representation of an emotion that encompasses so many things.

Take a look at a snippet of the piece below and take a moment to recant your own love story while keeping in mind to treasure everything that makes your love, yours. This is simply beautiful. Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment