Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lets Talk.....


I just think that there are those people that their resolve is strengthened by what it is that's keeping them down, and there are some people that will buckle under it. You never know which one is which until you get into the eighth or ninth round of the fight.

~Ron Perlman


So this past weekend was the opening weekend for Tyler Perry's WHY DID I GET MARRIED TOO? If I must say so must say so myself, this movie was one of a lot of DRAMA, laughs, cries, and most of all lessons to be learned. I know my fellow sisters may decide to write about something from the movie but so am I.


I'm going to write about something I think really spoke out to me in the movie. Me personally, I like to hold stuff in and not talk about things until I feel as though I may have calmed down. Or I can do the total opposite, I want to talk about it right then and there because I don't wanna wait. But either way, its something that I have been thinking about for a long time and now it has boiled and I cant be rational with the situation. RAGE is what I am talking about.


Definition of Rage :
~Violent excitement; eager passion; extreme vehemence of desire, emotion, or suffering, mastering the will.
~Especially, anger accompanied with raving; overmastering wrath; violent anger; fury.
~A violent or raging wind.
~The subject of eager desire; that which is sought after, or prosecuted, with unreasonable or excessive passion; as, to be all the rage.
~To be furious with anger; to be exasperated to fury; to be violently agitated with passion.
~To be violent and tumultuous; to be violently driven or agitated; to act or move furiously; as, the raging sea or winds.
~To toy or act wantonly; to sport.
To enrage.


I'm not going to spoil the movie because I don't know who has seen it or not, but I will say that we must be careful with our actions and what we DON'T say. Life experiences cause us to be who we are and they are lessons, but some of those things, needs to be talked about. Especially MAJOR situations. Beating around the bush leaves nothing but room for when you trim it, something to explode out of it.


Sometimes, what we go through with our spouses, is hard for us to communicate how and what we feel to them. Not because we cant express our feelings, but somethings and sometimes, it hard to get through to your spouse when you both have strong opinions about something. Does that mean you don't talk? No, it actually means, you may need outside help to help you communicate. It is okay to have different opinions but one thing that I heard number of times is that you have to agree to something, even if its to disagree. Just because you may fear that your spouse will not agree does not mean that you keep it to your self. That just adds fuel to the fire.


By letting things build up and then explodes actually cause more hurt and harm than help. You never knows what happens when you act out of rage. But I can promise that nothing positive will come out of the immediate situation when acting in rage. You say things that you don't necessarily mean to say, you act on impulse with notion to hurt. Most of all, after the action has been taken, you can never take it back. Words and actions hurt, especially when done in rage and it will cut deep. Whether it cuts your spouse of you yourself, it may take longer to heal because of rage.


Lets make a promise to ourselves that if there is something that is bothering us that we will talk about it and not keep it in. Especially when its major. Eventually you and your spouse will be able to talk about it if you cant talk about it right away, but know that you MUST TALK.


So Lets Talk.......

3 comments:

  1. Well said sister...I agree.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree!!! Even without being married at this point I understand....only thing is...when you work yourself up you never know when you are getting there cause you tend to keep things in a lot (talking about myself also).....but I guess it's something I am really going to have to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly. Its not healthy either. I have been there and having a mental breakdown can cause more than a painful scare. Stress is a killer and a lot can be taking off just by talking. Counseling is not a bad thing and has saved some marriages. Sometime u just can't get across what u feel but keep it in is not the answer...not only for a healthy marriage but for out health as well.

    ReplyDelete