Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What's next?

After being married for a little over a year I find myself wondering what’s next? Not that I am bored in my marriage or in life but I think I am at the point where I need a change. Starting a family is something I really want to do and although I love kids I am not in a rush. I like our relationship and I am enjoying time with my husband (and our FREEDOM). So, I am ok with waiting until I figure out what I really want to do in life before I have children. So for the past few months I have had this nagging voice in my head just repeatedly asking what’s next? I had many ideas pop into my head: change my job, have children, travel…, but no matter what I thought of nothing seemed to fill the void. So then I had to take some time to figure out exactly what that void is. At first I thought it was sports and exercise. I use to love to workout and I have put on some weight since getting married so I gave it a try and even though it helped it wasn’t what I was missing. I am not sure what happened to make me have my ah-ha moment, but it did!! I was lacking creativity I went from being creative and creating paintings, drawings, prints, clothing, something almost every day all day to doing nothing but a few things here and there. For whatever reason when the new year struck I decided that this was going to be my year and I hope that gut feeling turns out to be true. I don’t expect to be famous or known by many I just want to take control over my life and make sure that I am setting the bar high and following my dreams and not someone else’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment