Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Babies....

After announcing our engagement there are certain questions that you expect to hear: When's the wedding, where's the wedding, what are your colors?... One question I wasn't prepared to answer moments after telling people we were engaged was "so when are you guys going to have a baby"? Never would I have thought that I would be asked about children so soon, maybe after the wedding but not before and by almost everyone. I admit I am guilty of asking my friends the same thing but I only ask jokingly and they all know that I am joking. I would have just thought that people would want you to enjoy your marriage and each other before having children. There are alot of things I want to do before children and I think we both still enjoying the freedom of not having to worry about a baby sitter. We see with our friends many times that being able to hangout with them often depends on the availability of a babysitter. We are still loving the spontaneity of life.
Marriage was a big enough step for me. The thought of being a mom is still a little overwhelming. Now that we have been married for over a year the question still comes up but not as often as you may think. We were asked more doing our first year and engagement then now. We have talked about having children and often times say yes we want children lets have a baby, but then we come back to maybe we should wait a little longer. And I think that right now that is best for us. The longer we wait the more I realize how big of a step its going to be and I want to make sure a few things are in place in our lives before having a child. I don't think that I can set a definite time frame for when we will have children, and I know that things will never be perfect or exact but we are open to the idea whenever it happens. Right now I am enjoying being with my hubby and not having the pressure of everyone asking when we will have a baby. I am content with watching or visitng other people's children because at the end of the day ithey will go back to their parents :).

No comments:

Post a Comment