Monday, January 11, 2010

It Finally Happened!!!

After 5 years in a long distance relationship it finally happened. We were engaged!! Although the journey leading to the aisle was a bit chaotic at times, we were finally getting married and that was all that mattered.



When I awoke the day of the wedding there was a clam and peace about the day even though I had over slept and if my MOH hadn't been there I don’t know if I would have awaken in time for the wedding. (Oh morning weddings, I don’t recommend them unless you are an early riser :)) After getting myself together and showering it was time for breakfast and hair (simultaneously due to my over sleeping). Once that was underway I had to give the groom a wake-up call. It was so nice to hear his voice since I couldn't see him or touch him. Our rooms were right next to each other so I could bang on the wall to get his attention if needed. I think the best part of getting ready was after the groom had fully awakened, I could hear him and his groomsmen laughing and joking about track and cars. He seemed happy and not nervous at all and that really helped me to stay calm. After I was dressed we left for the Chapel and in doing so we had to block off his door with bridesmaids to make sure he couldn't sneak a peek. Luckily I made it out unseen.



Once we made it to the Chapel I couldn't’t wait to walk down the aisle. I was in such a good mood that day no nerves, no anxiety, just pure bliss. Best feeling ever. When it was time to line up I just remember laughing and smiling. I was about to finally start my life with the person I was in love with and cared so much about. As the music started the bridesmaids and groomsmen started there walk. The flower girl almost didn't make it down the aisle but she pulled through at the last minute, the ring bearer was MIA but he showed up later in the ceremony and by the end everyone knew his name. At the ceremony there was never any pressure or uneasiness we sat on the alter and whispered and joked around with each other. We took it seriously but we enjoyed the day and each other. After the ceremony the reception flew by we barely ate our food the groom even missed his slice of cake because he was mingling with the guest. The reception was a whirlwind of dancing, food, greeting guest and taking pictures.



After the reception we went to our suite and passed out only to awaken shortly after to prepare for our after party. I don't remember much of it but from the pictures everyone seemed to be having a great time.



We have been married for over a year now and if I had to everything over again I would. My husband has been one of my biggest supporters and I can't thank him enough. He has pushed me and inspired me and we are growing together. I love you with all my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment