Monday, January 4, 2010

Married in 3 months!!!!!


Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never... never forget it.- Curtis Judalet


Hey lovelies :-) I hope as you are reading this you are in good spirits and in health and if you are having a bad day...well smile...GOD IS SO IN LOVE WITH YOU!!!! :-)


Let see, I guess Ill start here :-) My name is Dani Harold. I am a newlywed (5 months in the bliss) and a soon to be mother (15.5 weeks). My husband and I have moved to Atlanta, GA where we will be beginning again our lives together in the new :-) Before we were in Baton Rouge, LA but the hubby was offered a job that we couldn't resist!


As the title of this blog is married in 3 months, that is literal :-) This story is a real story of love at first sight but most of all of when God makes a promise to His children he will go through with that promise. My husband and I met the weekend of his cousin and my besti's (Angel) wedding. April 4th -5th, 2009. The whole weekend entailed of us wanting to meet each other and his family and my friends trying to hook us up...lol. Crazy..I know...lol. But at the same time it was the best thing that could have ever happened in my life. We hit it off as soon as we started to talk. My husband was living in Baton Rouge, LA and I'm from the Washington, DC, Maryland and Virgina area. So when he left to fly back home that Monday following the wedding, I awoke to a text message in a form of a poem from Larry (my husband) saying how he was glad that he met me and how I made that weekend one to remember for a lifetime. So you know I was bloodshot red after reading that...lol. As soon as he landed in Louisiana, he called me and I talked to him from the time he got in the car until both us just went to sleep. A total of 8 hrs! Yes, I said it 8 hours...lol. From then on, we talked and texted and talked and texted until we talked each other to sleep. I went to visit Larry at the end of April (yes in just some weeks lol). As soon as I got off the plane my stomach was in knots. I could not believe that someone that I have just met has swept me off my feet and I can honestly say that I love this man...wow. I stayed a week down there and it was so awesome. He showed me a great time and the part that I loved about it the most was that he was a gentleman the entire time. He wasn't one to profess God just in the church house but one who lived and talked the walk!


The day that I was to leave to head back to DC, we had a long talk about everything that we were feeling and how we were going to act on those feelings. I expressed to Larry that I loved him so much but I could not take being hurt no more. I prayed and let it go and the God lead my path to him. I just couldn't be sure if it was God at the time because it was so fast. Larry then expressed the same thing to me and assured me that all that I have prayed and asked God for was here and I just needed to embrace what God has set before me. He also expressed how he felt the same way and was just as nervous as I was but the God that we serve will or would let us know if this wasn't the right move. So, we decided...this is it...LETS GET MARRIED!!!!!!


When I got back to DC...I was just about sweating bullets everyday. I'm thinking to myself, I'm about to take a step that most people take years to decide that its the right move for them and I'm making this decision in less than a month. A lot of praying and fasting and praying and fasting went on believe me but there was nothing to say that God wasn't in this move. In May, I went back down because I was meeting his family and we were taking our engagement photos. We were to leave that Friday (May 15,2009) to head to Alabama. On Wednesday, May 13,2009, I had what you can call a mental break down in a way..lol. I just began to think literally about everything. Everything that I had gone through that led up to this point, his life and things he was sacrificing for me, what I was sacrificing to move and to be with him for eternity, just anything you can think of ran across my mind. Larry could see it before he left to go to work that morning. He then called me on his lunch break and asked me was this something that I really wanted to do? If it were going to fast that we could postpone the wedding and he would wait. He said that he could understand and that its no rush or pressure. But he then told me to pray and to read a scripture and that God would speak to me on what to do. Even though we already had our answer, sometimes when that devil begins to play in your mind or even just self thoughts...you begin to loose track of honestly what it at hand. So I did what I was told...lol. I pray and I opened the bible and I was lead to the book of Job. Remarkable thing about it was that it spoke straight to my life...to the life I was beginning to face.


Before I met my husband, I was comfortable with where I was not knowing that God was preparing me for greater at the time. And then I was broken down to a point where no one but God could bring me out and as soon as I accepted what God was doing and where he was taking me (of coarse not knowing at the time that I was being prepared for marriage) the blessings began to come in forms that no one could honestly understand or except but me and my husband to be.


I then called Larry and told him everything that I read and I'm in 110% and lets do this. On May 19, 2009 he proposed to me and on July 19,2009 in Daphne, AL @ 3:00pm we were no longer twain but one!


Now it is January 4, 2010, I'm loving my marriage, my union, my husband, pregnancy, but most of all, I'm loving that God never left or forsaken me and my hubby. We weren't tricked by the enemy thinking this was something that was not because even when we faced the questions, there was always answers, signs to say, this God and only him! Even though we are still in our honeymoon stage things haven't always been easy but the toughness has only made our love and union deeper. With us starting on a strong foundation, its impossible to break this union. :-)


Well, I think this is good for a first read...lol. More to come soon. :-) Be Blessed and remember in everything "TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment