Sunday, January 17, 2010

Still a jet-setter

Before I met my husband I had 2 plans for my life: 1. To be married with 4 children, doing lots of volunteer work, and running my own business part-time AND 2. To be fabulous, single-for-life, traveling the world, and living in different countries as the mood hit. I was perfectly happy with both options but couldn't help to wonder what if I missed out on something by going with one life plan over the other.

Well...because I am now a blogger for this site you can guess that I'm going with option #1. This was almost a surprise to most that know me. I was always into too many activities, always on the go, and never really cared for boyfriends so many assumed I wouldn't marry until I was much older...if at all (for the record, I just turned 26 last week). After my now husband proposed and set a wedding date to occur approximately 7 months later I contemplated often whether or not I was actually ready for lifestyle #1 so soon. I mean, I had no doubt that IF I was going to get married, then this was definitely the one, but now that I've got that one...can't I wait 1 - 2 years more to actually marry? After sharing these feelings with a friend, our minister's wife (and co-marriage counselor), my fiance', and God I gained a sense of peace that I was doing the right thing at the right time. And the best part of it all is now I have a permanent travel partner(I just adore traveling!).

Since our wedding day, my husband and I had a fabulous and adventurous honeymoon in Mexico, I went away to California for a week for work, and I'm literally writing this blog entry on a plane returning from a Drought Conference (remember I'm a meteorologist) in Guyana.


Looking back, I see that though I've chosen option #1 for myself it doesn't have to slow me down. I don't need my own business NOW (but I'm working on it, visit: http://ilovepageantry.com/ ), I don't need to have kids YET (though when it happens we're ready), and I am still living that fabulous jet-setting lifestyle that I sat aside for option #2. I am thankful for my husband and him being so understanding and supportive of my desires; and I praise God for this overflow of blessings in my life because he has not only met my needs, but has also given me the desires of my heart!

-Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment