Monday, January 4, 2010

Meet the bloggers...

MIGNON

I'm a fabulous twenty-something wife to an Army Drill Sergeant and mother to two vicarious little boys and a precious little step daughter. I married my high school sweetheart six years after high school and although I currently reside in the south, and speak with a drawl, I'll always be a city girl. I am a freelance writer, music editor for a popular parenting website and will have completed my Master's degree in New Media Communications this summer. I love to cook (desserts mostly), write, read, dance, laugh and love. Being a military wife isn't easy, but it's a title I hold with pride (alongside my title as reigning Taboo champion). You're likely to find me someplace drinking coffee, obsessively stalking my Twitter account (@msladysoul) or saying my favorite phrase..."I'm just saying!"


ERICA


I am a happily married woman in my 20's and just celebrated my first year of marriage. Although we are blissfully in our honeymoon period my husband and I have been together for over seven years. With a degree in Art and Fashion I am all too excited to start/finish decorating our home. I consider marriage to be a full time commitment and although things are not perfect all the time, one should always strive to find the perfect balance in a relationship. It is always easy to make it when things are going well, but a true relationship is tested when things aren't so easy. To be able to get throught the hard times and work things out builds trust and lets your significant other know that you are there for them. I hope that this is my first and last marriage and I feel blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life.







DANI

My name is Danielle but most people call me Dani. I am a wife and soon to be mother. I continue to strive to be a Proverbs 31 woman. I am called to sanctification so I AM set apart from the world. God has created me in his image which is the B.E.S.T. Beautiful, Elegant, Sanctified, and Talented. I am a singer and pianist that really needs to learn how not to be so nervous! I love music and it loves me. Trials are what makes or breaks you and in all that- I have been blessed and allowed to see what has made me and is continuing to make me the wife and woman that God desires for me to be. Be Blessed.

"The Man and Woman who can laugh at their love, who can kiss with smiles and embrace with chuckles, will outlast in mutual affection all the throat-lumpy, cow eyed couples of their acquaintance. Nothing lives on so fresh and evergreen as the love with a funny bone." --George Jean Nathan




ANGEL

When most people meet me they find me to be a pretty unique individual...some would say one of a kind. I'm a meteorologist, a beauty queen, and a humanitarian. The meteorologist in me makes me a nerd to some, the beauty queen in me makes me girly-girl to others, and the humanitarian in me takes me to developing countries with respect to issues of food security and famine. When it comes to aiding the sick, disabled, youth and poor...I do all of that at home. I'm a newlywed (9 months strong!), married to a "preacher-in-training". This is no surprise to those that know me. I'm a woman whose steps are ordered by God and I seek the bible for answers, direction, and guidance in my daily walk. My desire to be a fabulous 21st century woman sometimes must be checked by biblical instruction and my greater desire to be an anointed woman of God. Here I'll share with you my revelations, motivations, and my ever-changing new ideas (I'm an entrepreneur as well). I hope to encourage other fabulous 21st century women, that despite pop-culture, you can be married now and still have it all!


NOT MARRIED YET

Growing up as a military brat has allowed me to experience the world. I am an open minded soul with a large appetite for anything new. My biggest interest has always been traveling. There is something romantic about making yourself vulnerable to an unfamiliar place and letting its culture open your eyes to a way of life you've never been exposed to. It wasn't until my current relationship that anything seemed to come close to this passion for adventure and discovering what this planet has to offer. It's always just been me and the world. Now I find myself in the life stage where my individual self has met a possible mate. Treading through unfamiliar territory, I share my thoughts on this new place I seem to have stumbled in. Let's call it Love...

No comments:

Post a Comment